The Santa Cruz II Galapagos Cruise
The Santa Cruz II replaced its predecessor, on October 10, 2015. This 50-cabin vessel provides guests with an elegant new way to experience the glories of the Galapagos Archipelago in both style and comfort. On top of Santa Cruz II unrivalled expeditions, this ship guarantees that the utmost care will be given to the Galapagos Islands by implementing the newest sustainable advances in sailing, thus protecting their delicate ecosystem.
The three decks of Santa Cruz II host 90 guests throughout 50 modern cabins. Guests may choose from a variety of options, which include single, double and family cabins. However, if they desire something more lavish, we also offer the exclusive Darwin Suites, which meet an exceptional standard of accommodation on the boat’s Panorama Deck. These suites provide guests with enhanced service, as well as particularly selected details such as a take-home Galapagos coffee table book and a tablet loan for each cabin.
When they are not exploring the islands’ treasures, guests can kick back in the elegantly designed communal spaces or viewing platforms. These include indoor and outdoor dining, a lounge bar, complete library, two sumptuous hot tubs overlooking the ocean and a gym.
- Refurbishment 2015
- Construction 2002
- Gross Tonnage 2664 tonnes
- Passenger Space Ratio 29.6
- Type of Vessel Expedition Vessel
- Capacity 90 guests / 50 cabins
- Lengh 71.8 metres / 235 feet
- Beam 13.4 metres / 43 feet
- Speed 10.5 knots
- Electricity 440V – 220V – 110V throughout ship
- Engines 2 Cummins engines KTA 38 – MO of 850 HP each
- Fire Detector Fire detectors throughout
- Life Jackets In each cabin
- Life Rafts 14 (27 passengers each)
- Landing Boats 6
- Owner ETICA (METROPOLITAN TOURING)
- Decks 5
- Crew 52
- Naturalist Guides 8 (Includes Expedition Leader)
- Guest-Crew Ratio 3 to 2
- Medial Officer Permanently on board
- Certifications ABS – SOLAS – ISM by resolution IMO A788(19)
- Panorama Deck 3 Darwin Suites, 3 Explorer Double Cabins
- Expedition Deck 17 Explorer Double Cabins
- Horizon Deck 2 Voyager Single Cabins, 2 Explorer Triple Cabins, 23 Explorer Double Cabins, infirmary.
Accommodations, all meals, island sightseeing, naturalist guides and lecture services in English/Spanish (guiding in other languages upon request for groups larger than 10 guests: German, French, Italian), snorkeling gear, luggage handling, medical care on board (but not the cost of medication), taxes and transfers in the islands.
Shared transfers from main hotels in Quito (Casa Gangotena, Hilton Colon, Sheraton, Marriott, Dann Carlton) and in Guayaquil (Hilton Colon, Oro Verde, Hampton Inn, Sheraton) to airport for flights to / from Galápagos are included in these rates. To coordinate these transfers we must have guest’s hotel contact.
- Wet Suits available for rent, NET rate US$ 15 + VAT per guest for 5- or 6-day expeditions
- Air transportation to / from Galápagos and airport taxes (subject to change without previous notice)
- Galápagos National Park entrance fee (US$ 100 subject to change without previous notice)*
- Migration Control Card (US$ 20 subject to change without previous notice)*
- Fuel Surcharge
- Alcoholic ** and non alcoholic beverage, gratuities, laundry or valet services, gifts and additional items.
- Internet / Wi-Fi ***
*At your request, we can include the Galápagos National Park entrance fee of US$100 and migration control card fee of US$20 (subject to change). However, please note that, due to administrative and operational reasons, these fees can only be included when guests travel on the operation departure date. This service does not apply for guests who travel before a departure date (even if the departure is with us).
** Please note, we charge guests who wish to bring bottles of wine and/or spirits aboard our vessels a corkage fee of $25+taxes.
*** Note: internet connections onboard consist in computer stations and wifi in the vessel’s social areas; due to the Galápagos’ remote location, internet connections are intermittent and low-bandwidth.
– Santa Cruz II guarantees air space space for all Galapagos products.
– Galápagos Itineraries are subject to change due to weather, logistical, Galápagos Park regulations or operational reasons.
– All rates are subject to change. If fuel prices increase, additional charges may apply.
* Only 2 cabins are available for single use
1) During Peak Season dates, MetropolitanTouring reserves the right to prioritise reservations taking into accountfactors such as payment and confirmation dates.
2) Metropolitan Touring reserves the right tolimit the number of twin/double cabins for single use dependent on availability
3) Twin / Double Cabins for single use have asurcharge of 100%
4) Regardless the number of cabins occupied, theship’s authorized maximum operating capacity cannot exceed 90 guests.
Number of cabins per category.
VALIDITY: JANUARY 01 THRU DECEMBER 31, 2016
ALL RATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. IN CASE OF INCREASE IN FUEL PRICES FUEL SURCHARGE WILL APPLY